An interactive paleomap of dinosaur discovery.
Use mousewheel or double-click to zoom map; drag and drop to rotate. Mouseover fossil discovery points to view dinosaur species and timeline.
- Data: GPlates, Paleobiology Database, Wikipedia
- Maps, locations and epochs are approximate.
- Numerical timeline Ma is epoch mid-point.
- Fossil occurrences do not include ichnotaxons.
- Dinosaur information returned from search may vary.
- Colored polygons represent techtonic plates; land bridges not shown.
- Map coastlines reconstruction model: Matthews 2016.
- This is experimental, exploratory technology.
Email comments or bugs to email@example.com